Helping You Move Up with Career Counseling, High-Impact Resumes, Compelling LinkedIn Profiles, and Great Interviewing Skills
Why choose me as your career coach?
- Deep Business Experience. I’ve hired and mentored hundreds of employees in my 20-year business career. I know what hiring managers are looking for in candidates, their resumes, LinkedIn profile and interviews. I’ll help you get inside the minds of hiring managers so you can deliver messages that differentiate you and cause them to contact you.
- 1:1 Collaboration. I collaborate 1:1 with you in my office, not through email or impersonal counseling kits. Counseling kits don’t help you with political situations at work, a toxic boss, or how to ask for a raise or improve your performance. I strive to be your trusted advisor for both the short-term and, if needed, long-term. My approach is customized and personalized. And I’m a great listener.
- Strong Marketing Background. On the job market, you’re a ‘product’ that needs to be marketed. I’m skilled in helping you create your brand, messaging and differentiation through your resume, social media, LinkedIn profile, blogs and websites. I leverage my extensive career experience as an executive in marketing, branding and social media to maximize your story.
- Expert Career Direction. I’m collaborative in helping you determine a career path and how to pursue it. I’ve helped hundreds figure out what’s important to them, identify a career path, locate ideal employers and positions and sell themselves successfully.
- Resumes That Stand Out. I write resumes that cut through the clutter and get you noticed. I’ve been writing resumes for 20+ years. It’s not the template that matters, where others focus, but the content that sells. It’s not about creating bullets of your tasks. A successful resume is about the customized content and stories that market you for your career path or a specific job. I write every resume personally and it represents your voice.
- Recognized Authority. I work with a number of Bay Area news media outlets as an authority on careers and how to find satisfying positions and market yourself. I originated, write and appear on the radio program The Job Maze on KGO Radio 810 every Monday at 1:37 PM Pacific. I’ve been included in the career bible What Color is Your Parachute? for several years consecutively as a resource for career coaching and resume writing. And I’ve appeared on KRON TV 4 discussing the job market, among other topics. You can listen to my KGO broadcasts on my blog.
I offer a complimentary 10-minute telephone consultation to review your situation, identify your goals and aspirations and brainstorm a customized plan for you. See the sidebar at left for more details.
“Nick has been a great resource for me over the last five years. He helped me navigate a big job change which turned out to be a great strategic move, but even more importantly, Nick has served as an ongoing reality check. I have sought his counsel on matters ranging from salary negotiations to creating longer-term plans to help with my LinkedIn profile. Whether a big or small project, Nick has always been responsive, thoughtful and direct in his counsel, and he genuinely listens and asks the right questions.” — Matt H., Vice President for a financial services firm in San Francisco, from his Yelp review.
Read more Yelp reviews here.
Nick Parham appearing on “Don’t Invest and Forget,” KRON Channel 4 San Francisco